Kennebec Regional Diversity Declaration Initiative S.M.A.R.T.
Research Kennebec Regional Diversity Declaration Initiative S.M.A.R.T.
2-15 hours/weekKennebec Regional Diversity Declaration Initiative SMART is a short-term project led by Results International’s Dr. Mourning-Star (LinkedIn), to support the creation of Maine’s first Regional Diversity-Inclusion Declaration Statement.
***This work is currently all volunteer, with funding from RIRC & Dr. Mourning-Star as we await resources from regional supporters.***
Research Assistant Job Duties (Graduate Students preferred)
– Co-Chair/Secretary for one (1) of the five Sub-committees interpreting the Regional Diversity Declaration for the sector assigned.
– Recruit local participants and coordinate virtual discussion meetings.
– Assist in leading brainstorming sessions to create regional diversity and inclusion roadmap.
– Support and lead the initiative in creating monthly diversity themes, online awards and business/organization/company participation on-boarding program.
– Take notes and add to a database of diversity resources.
– Prepare initial drafts of letters of inquiry.
– Assist in creating and maintaining a calendar of deadlines and cycles.
– Help prepare supporting documentation for research projects, develop teams, timelines and facilitate information flow (including social media advocacy and announcements).
***To apply, please submit the application, email two (2) project topics of interest with two (2) bullet points describing your goals or skills outcomes and hours of availability with your resume to email@example.com and include “Diversity REMOTE/VIRTUAL Research Internship & Traineeship Programs” in the subject line.
Minimum Required Skills and Experience
Strong written and oral communication skills.
Strong research and writing skills and experience.
Ability to work independently as well as a part of a team with minimal supervision while maintaining a “can-do” attitude.
Desired Programs of Study
Students studying Gender & Ethnic Studies, Political Science, International Affairs, Public Administration, Global Studies, Environmental Health/Science, Statistics.
Interests in health, biology, community, civic engagement, service learning and the like.